Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday 5/8, Happy Mother's Day!

This morning we arrived in Chile around 7am. The bus ride back to the hotel was interesting, got to see a little bit of the land and a lot of my eyelids. Turns out sleeping on a full plane all night doesn’t work out all that well. But anyway, that at least refreshed me enough to go eat the largest cheeseburger I’ve ever seen that ended up costing thousands. The challenge of pesos versus dollars is alluding me thus far, but I’m hoping as the trip goes on I get a hang of the currency exchange rate. Never in my life have I seen the Pacific Ocean, and today that changed. It’s kind of crazy that we’re in the same time zone as Pittsburgh, however it is fall here and you can see the Pacific Ocean. Just the fact that we traveled so far, and its still the same time at home makes the world seem very big to me. Even though when we arrived this morning and walked outside you could see our breathe, as the day went on it ended up being really good weather. The major difference is the fact that they take their time. I wish the US was more like them in that aspect. I think it’s fantastic how all of the shops are closed on Sundays, and you could see people just strolling around with their families enjoying the day. Also, the architecture is something I find fascinating. Buildings are interesting inside and out, with staircases and windows that could lead to anywhere.  We’re eating dinner at 6 o’clock, and after that I think it will be a pretty early night for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment