Tuesday, May 17, 2011

buffet!! (: 5/17

Today was another fantastic day in Chile. We woke up and went to the “spa.” I say spa in that way because it definitely resembled a resort that no one was staying in. We arrived and ate some empanadas. We then played a game of soccer. A lot of girls didn’t participate, but I figured I should. Our saying of the trip seems to have been “you’re only in Chile once,” and that’s so completely true.  In that moment, that saying was all I could think of. So, I played soccer, and was just as awful as I thought I would be. My team won, however I did nothing to help that. After the soccer game, we laid in the sun. It was luckily so nice out and we were all very ready to relax in the sunshine. For lunch, we had an enormous buffet. It’s very hard to describe it, because it was such a variety of foods. My favorite though was probably the potato stuffed with cheese, some type of seafood, and cream. I ate a lot, but it was okay because I honestly think everyone was really eating over their limit. After we got back, we went to Werner’s for a barbeque. Like all the barbeques I’ve had here thus far, it was extremely delicious. We began with sausages on a bun, and I had quite a few because I was unaware that we still had a meal coming. So, we had those and danced a bit of salsa. If I’m not a pro by Thursday, it’s going to be a bad thing because I’ve had so many opportunities to learn it. I’m really enjoying our relaxing days, but tomorrow is my company visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment