Saturday, May 14, 2011

picante! 5/14

This morning was definitely needed by the whole group of us. We got to sleep in, and many of us didn’t surface until around noon. It’s been an action packed week and we really needed some genuine rest. After we woke up, I decided it was really time to do some laundry. On the way to do laundry, we went to buy some souvenirs. I spent a lot of money in the last 24 hours. I had brought way more dress clothes than necessary, so the amount of regular clothes I had just wasn’t enough. Jen, Colleen, Christine, and I had quite the adventure trying to find a Laundromat, luckily at the dry cleaners we first went to, a woman spoke English. She gave us directions to a Laundromat. The man there spoke zero English, but as far as we know we somehow got what we wanted. We then ate at a pita shop. I decided to play it safe and ordered a chicken quesadilla. I’m disappointed with that decision, because their wraps looked extremely good. After this, we picked up our laundry and relaxed at the hotel for awhile. We then went to a “football” game which is actually soccer in the US. They take it extremely seriously. There were flares and fireworks and flags. I also thought the bleachers were interesting; they were made of solid cement. While sitting on them, I could only think of what a process it probably was to make them. Also, I had a really good/ interesting sandwich. It had really delicious guacamole and spicy picante sauce on it. Today was very relaxing, and I really think everyone needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment