Thursday, May 19, 2011

mysteryfish 5/19

Today was our last full day in Chile, and I'm really sad about it. My time here has been fantastic and eye opening. We began our day at the university, and heard a story from Stephanie about her likes and dislikes of studying at University of Santa Maria over her normal school in Belgium. Studying abroad more is definitely something I've always considered and now have no doubts about doing more of. Chile will always be a choice to come back to, it’s a beautiful country. Also because Spanish is something I’ve been including in my curriculum, a Spanish speaking country will be a pretty obvious choice. We then ate lunch at the cafeteria, and I can honestly say I will not miss that part of our time here. We had some sort of fried fish, and though I ate it fine at the time, it didn’t sit so well after. It was time for our activities outside, and as good as I am at soccer (not) I chose to sit this round out. Several other girls and I watched the people we came with hold their own against the Chileans who have been playing soccer forever. They did pretty well. After that, we returned to the hotel. We went to the market and I bought some candy only available around here to take back with me. Tonight should be fun; we’re having a pizza party dinner with everyone we’ve met and our entire group. Tomorrow is airport day, and starting at 2pm I’ll spend probably around 24 hours en route back home. I have mixed emotions. Mostly, I’d love to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment