Friday, May 13, 2011

pimienta steak 5/13

Today was a relaxing day. It began with our usual hotel breakfast. The bus picked us up around 9:30. Burt and Matthew decided they needed some McDonald’s, so our departure was a bit delayed. It was completely worth it, however because I bought Matt’s coffee from him, therefore drinking my first real coffee since I arrived in Chile. It tasted incredibly good. So we were supposed to go to Isla Negra and visit Pablo Neruda’s house. Isla Negra is a relatively urban area about 90 minutes south of Vina del Mar. First, we went to the tomb of the third best poet in Chile. It was a pretty interesting area, reminding me a lot of the general housing of places like the Dominican Republic. We ate lunch at a pretty nice restaurant, and I liked my rice. The steak was actually pretty good too. Food is just so different here it seems. We also visited the largest pool in the world today. It was extremely disappointing to be honest. It was probably about 150 feet wide, and 30 feet deep. Don’t get me wrong, it was absolutely enormous, but it was empty. It’s not that I wouldn’t recommend visiting Chile in their winter; however I can only imagine how different it is in the summer. Many stores and restaurants are not open, and people seem surprised to see tourists. Just as my general opinion, I think we’ve all spent more time sleeping on a bus than actually sleeping in a bed. Tonight we’re going to the discoteca, and I think we’re all very excited to show off our recently learned reggaeton and salsa skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment